Sunday, March 25, 2012

wanderlust

Although I haven't been lying on a beach in an exotic locale this spring break, I have been daydreaming of where I would like to be spending time off from school. If money were no object, I would spend this summer traveling the world and experiencing the diverse cultures that make up this planet.


First up on my trip would be Venice, Italy.




Seriously, how gorgeous is that?!


I have a weakness for the beach. I've loved it ever since I made mini sandcastles on Myrtle Beach at two years old. There's just something about the carefree attitude that everyone adopts when their toes hit the sand. It also helps that everything runs on 'island time' -- translation: who cares what time it is?


So, Tahiti would have to be next.




Even though I'm sitting here doing homework instead of basking in the sun, at least I'm not sunburned, right?


Next, I'd probably head to London. I'd be lying if I said that the Royal Wedding didn't have something to do with my recent fascination with England. But off I go...




I've heard Spain is a beautiful place, and the picture below is no exception. It was taken in Antequera, which looks like a quaint village with some incredible architecture. 






Here's to wishful thinking! Bummer.


Photo credit: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

1 comment:

  1. oh wishful thinking at its best! hope you had a good break!

    ReplyDelete