Sunday, February 12, 2012

eating in

This week I decided I would try something new in regards to cooking. I made a meal plan for the week and only went grocery shopping once. I decided on roasted sweet potatoes + green beans, Greek salsa + chicken, fish tacos + black beans, and a Greek salad. I like to make meals that require only a few ingredients for time's sake (because the homework is still there whether you make a gourmet meal or not).

Monday:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes :: This recipe is super easy for a school night and requires very little effort.


This recipe is made up, so the measurements are approximate. Substitute and adapt however you choose!

1 medium sweet potato (or however many you want)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Peel the sweet potato. Cut into small-medium sized pieces. Combine potato pieces and olive oil in a bowl and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Combine until all pieces are coated with the mixture. Spread on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy!


Tuesday:
Greek salsa + chicken :: I found the recipe here. It was simple and delicious! Don't overcook your chicken or you will be disappointed ;)


Wednesday:
Fish tacos + black beans :: I used this recipe but substituted frozen tilapia for cod and cooked it in the oven instead of on the grill. I liked the idea of the pineapple salsa, so I cut up some canned pineapple and used a mango salsa. I also added cilantro and green bell pepper for more flavor.



Thursday was supposed to be Greek salad night, but we ended up at Five Guys and I wasn't the least bit sad about missing out on salad. Sometimes you've just gotta live a little.



1 comment:

  1. Five Guys is awesome, but you have to try Smashburger!!!

    ReplyDelete